Monday, October 4, 2010

The beauty of irony

This morning, I skipped going to yoga to make a client call. Since my Reiki article was published I've been hearing from people all over the United States looking for treatments or just insights into their own quest for wholeness and health.

As I've mentioned, Uma Carter is the person leading our wonderful Qigong and yoga class at school. She's a great teacher and it really pained me, literally and figuratively, to miss her class this morning. But, I had a new client, also named Uma, who had left a message for me a week ago.

Now that my respectful touch and community outreach classes are over, it's time to figure out how to fit clients back into my schedule. I called Uma in Virginia and we talked about her husband's recovery from a heart attack. His neurologist is also a licensed acupuncturist and uses acupuncture in his treatments for Uma's husband's tremors.

I encouraged Uma to find a Reiki practitioner in her area and to start getting treatments. She was really enthusiastic, warm, and assertive about being healthy. Uma wants to become a Reiki practitioner herself, so she's on the right path.

She told me that while she was on chemo 8 years ago for breast cancer, that she kept up with her daily yoga practice. I told her that yoga has also helped me a lot and I felt I couldn't live without it. Uma is from India and I thought about all the connections between India, China, and the west and how all of us are searching for wholeness.

Now that I've given some guidance to Uma of Virginia, I'll do some yoga here at home before class starts. My achy body will be so happy.

Have a great day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment